Synergia Effect is a budding non-profit 501(c)3 corporation that came to fruition out of the love for an active and healthy lifestyle, and the desire to turn that into a method for making the world a better place. Our mission is to support the health and medical welfare of the public through connecting and developing relationships among businesses, community members, and health and wellness institutions. We see the under served communities having equal access to the process of fundraising and resources available through Synergia Effect. It is our vision to allow local businesses in smaller communities to have the opportunity to synergistically connect with their members of their community; and to impact it’s members by providing for the general well being of the whole. Through this App and the Internet any hospital, clinic or non profit organization can link up with us to receive assistance.
We are looking for an energetic, self-starting designer that is looking for an opportunity to create the visual face of our company. This is a remote position, and the chosen designer will meet with the founders weekly to discuss goals for the upcoming week, review work, and determine the next steps to move forward. We are looking to launch the App in the upcoming months via Google Play and the Apple iTunes Store. The designer will also be interacting with mobile and web developers as we bring the Synergia App to life.
We currently have one graphic designer on board that has begun the implementation process of our brand. The additional designer will work along side her to aid in the implementation of her visual brand image to create a cohesive, beautiful and engaging Synergia brand.
- You have an impeccable eye for detail
- You have some experience in turning wireframes into clean web/app interfaces
- You can work well with other designers to create a beautiful, cohesive application
- You have a good understanding of user-centered design principles
- You are superb at brainstorming, sketching and mocking up ideas
- You have a clean, sophisticated design sensibility for good typography, composition and use of color
- You can move fast and efficiently without direct supervision
- You are adaptable to time crunches, additional assignments and constructive criticism
- You can manage multiple priorities and stay organized and calm under pressure
- You have strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills.
- You understand the value of design and brand within a business context
- You must be able to listen, adapt and incorporate constructive feedback
- You should be able to collaborate to create or improve visual designs to achieve business and users goals.
- You should be able to collaborate with the developers to deliver final, pixel-perfect execution of your designs on the website and in the mobile application
- You work best in a participatory, team-based environment.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Bonus Points: You have a sense of wit & humor
- You are an expert in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.)
- You have experience designing for an e-commerce website
- Must be near graduation in the design field, or can provide sufficient examples in web/application design
- Bonus Points: You have experience with e-commerce, retail centric design and or lifestyle brands
- Bonus Points: You have experience in mobile/tablet design
- Bonus Points: Currently living or seeking to live an active and healthy lifestyle that you wish to spread to others around you
JOIN THE TEAM
Please include the following in your application:
• Cover Letter
Include what your best design talent/skill is (Sketching, Illustration, Print Design & Layout, Web Design, Application design, Color, Typography, Photography, Etc.)
• Your Portfolio
For extra credit, send us a sample of a good design and a sample of a great design with brief explanations.
This position is a non-monetary compensation position and will be an excellent resume and portfolio builder. This position is also available for school credit. We are willing to provide professional references. We are planning to hire for this position permanently within a planned period of time.
Interested in this position? Please send the requested information to email@example.com with ‘Graphic Designer’ as the subject line.